Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What steps do I need to take to prepare slate for decorative painting.?

I don't do anything to prepare my slate other than make sure it's clean. It's a porous surface, and takes acrylic paint well. Have fun with it! Drilling it is easy too!What steps do I need to take to prepare slate for decorative painting.?
be sure it is clean a mild soap will work fine then use gesso several coats light ones work better then your ready to paint. Ive done many slate arts.What steps do I need to take to prepare slate for decorative painting.?
Wash it, sand if surface is extremely ruff, then 2 coats or so of geso.
Scrub the surface of the slate with warm, soapy water to remove dirt and grease. Dry thoroughly before attempting to paint on the surface. Acrylic paints will stick well to any grease-free surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment