Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can you paint stone cast outdoor decorative items?

I have a pottery item, made of stone cast, permanently affixed on top of my brick mail box. the original color (sort of a sand color) is fading. It's almost white now. I would like to restore the color. I need to know if stone cast can be spray or hand painted and if it can, what kind of paint can I use?Can you paint stone cast outdoor decorative items?
Yes you can. You can paint it any color you want I can't remember what type I used but it was spray paint. I got it at lowe's so someone there can tell you.Can you paint stone cast outdoor decorative items?
Wash it with a strong cleaner like TSP substitute or **** N Span, rinse and dry, Lightly sand with 200 sandpaper, rinse and dry. Be sure the paint you buy is outdoor paint. Giv e it several coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment