Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I paint decorative windows for a living, some for store windows some in homes.?

My question is does anyone know of a good tempera paint that won't peel?


The paint I used to use isn't being manufactured anymore. I could use acrylic paint but it would have to be scraped off and most clients don't want to bother. I would do it myself but I do over 200 paintings in a 6 week period and don't have time to clean them off for people. I used paint from Michaels but it's very gritty. I bought some other paint online and it peeled off after about a week. The paintings need to stay intacked for about 2 to 3 months. HelpI paint decorative windows for a living, some for store windows some in homes.?
You might try asking this question in the ';Decorative Arts/Murals/Faux'; or ';Mixed Media/Alt. Materials/Other'; forums (on the left side of the opening page) on http://www.wetcanvas.com/





Wetcanvas is a free international online artist community with over 165 thousand members of all artistic disciplines. You register by simply using a pen name and an email (no spam emails). I have found the artists there to be extremely helpful with questions like this one.





Good luck with your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment