Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Decorative Painting?

I want to add some decorative painting to a stepping stool that I am making for my daughter. It is a round wooden stool that I have spray painted a tan color and then I decopaged her name on the top, but it still needs something else. Any suggestions?Decorative Painting?
dip her toes in paint and get her to climb the steps and leave her cute little toes prints behind. The top end of her foot or however much of her foot that would touch the steps.... precious.....





hang on... reading your question more carefully I think maybe its not like a ladder... sorry... please ignore my previous idea, that wont work...





maybe little flowers all over made of little dots, you know one red for the centre and 6 blue around to make a flower ( colours of your childs choice, of course )Decorative Painting?
I think they are called rub-ons. They are in the craft stores. You turn them over and rub a popsicle stick over them and they press onto your project. They have many different things. animals, dora, letters and numbers, shapes, things. theyre great.


If she is gonna use it for a step stool maybe you could buy those foam shapes and glue them to it. They are like real flat fun foam but they come in animal shapes and stuff. This would make the bench non slip on top.


hope this helps.
pick colors from her room or her favourite three colors and blend them to compliment the shade of tan, do you need to dull the colors or maybe paint on full strength then antique glaze over the whole stool?


Is her room a particular style?Choose half moons and hearts or diamonds to go with a country style, ponies for a My Little Pony room, or butterflies and faeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment